Welcome to Grant Elementary School!
Hello Partners in Education,
I am privileged to be the Grant Elementary School Principal. We focus on relationships, learning and the whole child. If you are already a Grant Bulldog we are pleased to have you as part of our family. If you are new to the area and will be joining our school, you can call us at 715-261-0190. Grant is a school that celebrates each child and staff member as an individual, and we look to grow the leader in everyone.
Your Partner In Education,
Mrs. Colleen Berkhahn
It is the vision of Grant Elementary School to provide
a rich learning environment and work with the community
to meet the challenges of a changing world.
* Students are motivated and learn best when they are actively engaged
and link new information with existing knowledge in meaningful ways.
* Positive interactions with adults and
other students contribute to student learning.
* Students learn best when the staff maintains high expectations
for learning by focusing on shared visions, goals and
action plans to improve student performance.
* Quality instruction incorporates innovative practices
and a variety of learning activities with repetition and review.
School and Community Contexts
* All students in our school have an equal opportunity
to learn in a safe and non-disruptive environment
in which students and staff exhibit mutual respect.
* Teachers, administrators, parents and the community
share the responsibility for helping students take ownership
of their learning and behavior.